CustomInk > Blog

U.S. Marine Slogans, Mottos, and Sayings

by Adam Levine

in Slogans & Sayings

Marine Hugging Family - Semper Fi
As we continue our “salute to service” on our blog, we’ve got a list of popular marine slogans, mottos, and clever sayings just for you. We hope you find them useful and serve as a resource for your custom marine t-shirts or apparel for yourself, fellow marines, or family & friends in support. And be sure to add any of your personal favorites in the comments section.

Semper Fi

-Official USMC Motto

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

-Official Marine Corps League Motto

The Few. The proud. The Marines.

-Current Marines Advertising Slogan

First to Fight

-Adopted slogan from the U.S. Media during WW1

“The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!”

-General Pershing, U.S. Army

A Few Good Men

-Advertising saying coined by Capt. William Jones in 1779, when he was looking to enlist “A Few Good Men” to serve in the Corps.

“Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.”

-General Alfred M Gray, USMC

“Uncommon valor was a common virtue.”

-Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, U.S. Navy

“Marine Corps integrity is doing that thing which is right, when no one is looking.”

-Col. Colin Lampard, USMC

“I can never again see a United States Marine without experiencing a feeling of reverence.”

-General Johnson, U.S. Army

“Good night, Chesty, wherever you are.”

-Tribute saying in honor of the most decorated Marines in history – Chesty Puller – who was awarded the Navy Cross 5 times (the most ever).

About the Author - Adam Levine

Adam is a Search Marketing Specialist at CustomInk. He has worked at CustomInk for more than 7 years, and helps contribute to the blog with fun content that helps inspire people. And with puns. Lots and lots of puns.

{ 28 comments… read them below or add one }

Emmanuel December 20, 2014 at 4:21 am

Hmmmmmm its not easy to say never easy to be a marine its all about loyalty

lizbeth October 27, 2014 at 8:10 pm

well its good

Travis October 22, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I know how it feels I am one

Hank September 9, 2014 at 4:45 pm

FC – I guess while I sit at my desk at work or at home in my living room, I will be thankful for a few things…I am gainfully employed, I’m not homeless, I served in the Marine Corps and that you didn’t. I am happily and willingly brainwashed.

Stephanie July 28, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Lets just get a few things straight FC (commented on bottom of page). First of all the only reason you can say something so thoughtless and vile publicly without getting shot IS BECAUSE OF OUR MILITARY! It is our honorable Marines who fight so that you can say stupid stuff on the internet. Ask one. They want you to have and enjoy the freedom of speech that you apparently abuse on a regular basis. Where do you even get the audacity to make such a statement?! Quite honestly no one cares about your stupid opinions!! You get the freedom to say them and that’s about it. Secondly, your statement about Marines that adopt that saying “..have nothing going for them in life.” actually tell us a lot about you. It tells us that you are a “one man show” a “hotshot” that doesn’t need anybody in life. You are very self focused and judgmental. You don’t know what it is to be part of a team. Heck, you probably can’t define the word. And your statement about being “brainwashed”! Shoot I’m so mad right now………! What you see through your warped eyes as “brainwashed” actually happens to be dedication and loyalty, both of which, you have made clear to us, don’t matter to you. The Marines are completely dedicated to each other and their country. The sickening part is that they are dedicated to you and you don’t give a darn. Rather that sitting at your computer making senseless, stupid, “opinions” why don’t you go out and join the Marines. And when you have finished your thirteen weeks then I’d like to hear what you have to say about dedication and their performance. Next time you are bored and have nothing to do but surf the internet and give your “opinions” why don’t you get off your butt and go serve somebody. Because it is only through service that we can become selfless. I would also like to point out that I am not a Marine. So don’t rest your case against them. I am a proud member of the Air Force. I look up to my brothers and sisters in the United States Marine Corps and I would willingly defend them with my life. Yes we are all in different branches of the military but we are united, we are dedicated, we are committed to our country. And that loyalty my friend, is priceless. “Semper Fidelis!!” and may God bless The United States Marine Corps!

Norberto Aguirre May 28, 2014 at 5:22 am

Are any of these mottos or slogans patented by the Marine Corps.

Chinaski May 1, 2014 at 9:16 pm

@Forever Cold:

So what’s your point?

ron brothers April 6, 2014 at 11:28 pm

they don,t make marines like they use to we were marines in battle and marines on the streets
we had pride in our name usmc till death do us part