Represent’s Social Commerce Platform Helps Influencers Sell T-shirts and Merchandise for Charity or Profit; Investors Include Ashton Kutcher, Guy Oseary, James Franco
Fairfax, VA – February 4, 2016 – CustomInk, the leader in custom apparel and accessories for groups and communities, today announced its entry into a definitive agreement to acquire Represent, a Los Angeles-based social commerce startup that helps influencers like actors, athletes, musicians, and thought leaders create and sell limited-run t-shirts and merchandise to their fans and followers. With its roots in celebrity-backed social media fundraising campaigns, Represent has attracted high-profile investors including Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary of Sound Ventures, James Franco, and WME/IMG.
“In the entertainment world, influence is an even more powerful force than fame,” said Bryan Baum, co-founder and CEO of Represent. “Represent offers a new and innovative way for influential celebrities to mobilize and monetize their passionate and loyal fan bases. The real metric in the world of social commerce is not the number of followers but the tangible actions they take, and the influencers who use Represent have developed deep relationships with their fans who in turn are eager to show their support by buying custom t-shirts and merchandise.”
Represent has created a sophisticated digital marketing and merchandising platform for influencers to sell merchandise in time-limited campaigns. Represent also works with other influencers, such as prominent YouTubers and independent entrepreneurs, to create and sell affinity-based custom t-shirts and other merchandise, as well as major sports and entertainment brands.
Read more –>
2015 was a busy year here at CustomInk! Take a look at some of the awesome things we accomplished, along with a peek at what’s coming for 2016!
Read more –>
Happy New Year! In the post-Holiday haze, many of us look back on the time spent eating, drinking, and being merry in December and resolve to be more fit and healthy in the new year. It may seem like a daunting proposition, but small changes can make all the difference! In honor of this season of resolutions, let’s look back to the summer of 2015 and our “Come Together, Get Active” initiative. This 8-week program tasked Inkers with simply wearing a Jawbone fitness tracker and challenging themselves to be more active, sleep longer, and eat more mindfully. This one simple change sparked huge results! Here are some inspiring numbers:
- 60% of CustomInk, Booster, and Pear team members participated
- 248,250,359 total steps were taken- that translates roughly to 118,384 miles!
- Inkers are sleeping 40% more than they were before the challenge began
- Everyone averaged 8,139 steps, or roughly four miles, a day!
And of course, Inkers were INKcredibly creative with their team names! Check out our favorites below for some inspiration for your fitness team!
Read more –>
Unique New Year’s Traditions and Party Ideas
We’re starting to plan our New Year’s Eve activities and it got us thinking about how the day is celebrated in other parts of the world. From fortune telling potatoes to lucky gold coins, take a trip around the world with us as we round up some of the most interesting traditions!
1. To start fresh for the new year, some residents in South Africa throw old furniture out the window on New Year’s Eve.
2. In Spain, people eat 12 white grapes to coincide with the 12 chimes of the clock at midnight to ring in the new year. Eating all 12 by the end of the chimes guarantees 12 lucky months ahead!
3. On New Year’s eve in Ireland you’re likely to see residents banging bread against the walls and doors of their home to chase out the bad luck and welcome the good.
4. One of the traditions in Greece is to bake a cake with a gold coin inside. Whoever finds the coin in their piece of cake will have luck in the coming year!
Read More NYE Traditions
We all know a picture is worth a thousand words, but what if that picture IS a word? Say it simply for the holidays with one of our artist-crafted pieces of holiday word art. We’ve assembled our top ten most popular pieces below! Check out our full selection and get started on your one-of-a-kind holiday design at http://bit.ly/HolidayWordArt15
Read more –>