CustomInk > Blog

Funny Running Team Names for Your Running Club or Group

by Adam Levine

in Team Names

Looking for a funny or clever team name to add to your running team t-shirts? Whether it’s for your next 5k or full marathon, we’ve got some great team names to inspire you for tees or running tanks. We love to make it fun and easy to customize almost anything you need, from T-shirts to water bottles.

Funny & Creative Running Team Names

We Got the Runs

It Hurts So Good

Happy Feet

Call Me A Cab

Twisted Blisters

About the Author - Adam Levine

Adam is a Search Marketing Specialist at CustomInk. He has worked at CustomInk for more than 8 years, and helps contribute to the blog with fun content that helps inspire people. And with puns. Lots and lots of puns.

{ 30 comments… read them below or add one }

Amy April 13, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hey! Avid runners looking for a name for our Gut Check Challenge. We are a tough group of moms who love to run and have fun! This mud run is going to be a blast. Any ideas for names would be awesome!

Adam Levine April 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Holly,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk. I should be able to have you a name in about 24 hours. How many people are running with you?

Adam Levine April 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Chris,

Good for you! It looks like a pretty fun race to participate in, so it should all be worthwhile! I’ll try and get you something at the latest tomorrow.

Holly April 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hey, I work for a pain clinic and we are doing the Color Run in July. I need to get us registered, but need a team name. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Chris April 8, 2013 at 12:47 pm

We are doing the Color Me Rad race and can’t think of a fun name. We are not runners! Always wondered why anyone would run unless chased. Running with my 17 year old dancer daughter and her 18 year old boyfriend as well as a girlfriend of mine who needed this run for inspiration. (I am 41 she is 35) What I won’t do for my friends! Help!!

Adam Levine April 8, 2013 at 11:58 am

Julie and Danielle, I’ll try and get some names to you later today. 🙂

Julie April 6, 2013 at 11:32 am

I’m doing the Electric Run as well! Our team is four females, between 20-30 and all nurses/nurse aides. I need a clever name!

Danielle April 5, 2013 at 9:47 am

I am also doing the electric run in Miami in Nov… We cannot think of a name lol … just for a backstory we are not typically runners lol.. we are both guys and girls.. we have been friends for a long time… any funny names would be appreciated… =0)

Adam Levine April 3, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Angela & Amanda,

Thanks for visiting! I’ll try to put some ideas together for you later this afternoon.

Amanda April 2, 2013 at 3:39 pm

The color run names you listed above are creative, but can you come up with something using the word “sole” for a group of young women running a 5K? Thanks for any ideas you have!!

Angela Ramirez April 1, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hey Adam a group of 4 girls will be doing the Digital Run this month. Can you give us an idea for team names…we all work for a school. We are all from the 80’s. Thanks for the help!!

Adam Levine April 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

Hi Kim,

Thanks for visiting CustomInk! I’m so glad you like our team names. Give me a day or so and I’ll see what the team can come up with!

Kim March 31, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Love your darling ideas for team names….my sister and I run our first marathon in october with the Nike run in San Francisco. Any suggestions? By the way we are 25 years apart in age. Running partners for years.

Adam Levine March 26, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Hey Honeylynne, Patti, and Dee Dee. Great names! I’ll do my best to get you all something in the next day or so. So many great runs/events coming up, very exciting. 🙂

Honeylynne March 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm

My 3 sisters and I will also be doing an electric run, a digital run to be exact. I cannot think of a fun name for our team. Please help.

Patti March 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I will be doing the Harpoon Brewery 5 mile race in May to benefit the Angel Fund (for ALS- Lou Gehrig’s disease). I will be part of a 6 member team (5 girls and 1 guy). Any ideas for a team name?

Dee Dee Uzzell March 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

Looking for fun name for a team running in the Run for the Warriors run May 18, 2013 in Jacksonville NC
Team is sponsored by Veterans United Home Loans. Majority of runners will be active duty or retired military. Thanks

Adam Levine March 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Dina,

Sure thing, I’ll be sure to email you one. 🙂 I never knew foam runs were a thing. Very cool!

Dina March 22, 2013 at 10:59 am

Me and my team are doing a 5k Foam run in June. I cannot for the life of me come up with a clever name! Can you help?

anna March 13, 2013 at 10:57 am

My 3 year old and I do at least one 5K/month, I’ve been able to come up with creative names for all so far but need help with our July one. The 5K is called Stars and Stripes….any ideas?

Susan March 13, 2013 at 8:17 am

Need a fun name for a team of three ladies for a St Patty day run. Any ideas!

Adam Levine March 11, 2013 at 11:43 am

For color runs: One of my favorites I’ve seen by our customers is “Crayola Crew”. “Rainbow Brites” could be good to emphasize color too.

And “Do or Dye”, “Live & Let Dye”, “Ride or Dye”, and “Dye, Dye Birdie” are all fun play on words from song titles.

For electric runs: “Bright Lights Big City” was the first one I thought of. “Shine Bright Like a Diamond”, AC/DC, and “The Electric Express” could be good names based off songs and bands. I just found out doing some research that the Electric Express released a cool funky song in 1971. Funtimes. 🙂

Adam Levine March 11, 2013 at 10:18 am

Hey everyone,

These electric runs look like a lot of fun. As do the color runs.

I’ll reach out with a few name ideas later today. If anyone has anything creative they’d like to share, please comment below!

Daphanie March 9, 2013 at 12:33 pm

Hey there! My friends and I are doing the Run or Dye 5k race and we were looking for a name. We are all girls and we are from Atlanta. This race is all about COLOR and us being hit with that color. lol. Could you help?

Tara March 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm

we’re in an electric run too…need a name. thanks 🙂

Britny March 8, 2013 at 2:08 am

Wait! We’re doing the electric run too 😀 Can you email me some names too? My mind is totally blank.

Adam Levine March 1, 2013 at 9:34 am

Hey Marsha,

Thanks for visiting! Let’s see what our team can come up with. I’ll send you an email with some ideas. Any ones you like, feel free to repost here. 🙂

Marsha March 1, 2013 at 2:24 am

We have a team doing a Electric fun run at night trying to think of a team name that’s apropreiate for this kind of run lots of color.. neon…we are a fun goofy mostly women group some men though our running group is called Tacoma Galloway group

If you could help that would be great

Marsha

J January 17, 2013 at 4:46 am

Cool

Sarah October 4, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Theses names are AWESOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! love em~~~